Rev. Jeff Boucher is a 23-year ministry veteran who has given his life to the service of God’s Kingdom. Born in Newark, NJ, Boucher spent much of his early childhood in Morris County and most of his ministry career in Bergen County. At age 16, Boucher had a life-changing experience with God and immediately new he wanted to serve full-time in the ministry of spreading the Gospel.
Boucher is perhaps best known for his ability to cast vision and start new ministries. In his 23-year ministry he started:
Tel-A-Teen Youth Helpline, a phone hotline for teens seeking help to connect with other teens ready to help.
- Four Campus Life Groups in Bergen County, New Jersey.
- Touch The World Ministries, a youth mission organization taking young people all over the world to serve the poor and disenfranchised www.touchtheworld.org.
- Powerhouse Christian Church in Wyckoff, New Jersey.
Boucher’s education consisted of:
- Northeastern Bible College with a BA in Biblical Literature
- Attended Drew University Graduate School
- Alliance Theological Seminary
Boucher’s evolving and dynamic ministry roles were:
- Youth Director of the Van Riper Ellis Memorial Broadway Baptist Church in Fair Lawn, NJ.
- Bergen County Campus Life Director for Youth For Christ International and at the same time served as the Youth Director of Elmwood Park Bible Church in Elmwood Park, NJ.
- In 1989 Boucher accepted the call to be the Youth Pastor of the Wyckoff Baptist Church in Wyckoff, NJ.
- Wyckoff Baptist ordained Boucher in 1991.
- 1991 was also the year Boucher founded Touch the World Ministries. (An International Youth Mission Organization www.touchtheworld.org).
- In 1994 Boucher stepped up to lead Wyckoff Baptist and shortly thereafter initiated the change to become the Co-Pastor of Youth, Family and Outreach. (Under Boucher’s leadership both the church and Touch the World prospered and grew.)
- In 2000, Boucher resigned his position as Co-Pastor at Wyckoff Baptist (now Cornerstone Christian Church) to take on the full-time reigns of Touch the World Ministries.
Within Touch the World, Boucher conceived and created:
- Holy Grounds Café, a Christian Café serving food and coffee, but also feeding the spiritual needs of the public who come in.
- Opened the way for a new skateboarding ministry called Solid Foundation Skate Park, which ministers to hundreds of youth every year.
- Outreach FX, a sound, lighting and video ministry helping the local churches put their messages into video format and equip their ministries with the right technology.
Boucher is also well known for leading the re-tooling of Wyckoff Baptist Church from a struggling community to a thriving body of deeply committed Christians, and for planting the vibrant and growing Powerhouse Christian Church in 2004. www.powerhousechristianchurch.org
Boucher is now focused on expanding God’s Kingdom through the planting and re-tooling of churches in the NJ area. Specifically, he is working on a new initiative called the 287 Corridor, which is the surrounding area of Route 287 between Mahwah and Hillsborough.
Boucher resides in Wyckoff, NJ with his wife Kristin and three children, Tyler, Zachary and Blanca.